Mid South Travel Survey
Mid-South Travel Survey
Q. Why was I contacted about this study?
Q. How can my household register?
- Households in your area are randomly selected to participate in this research. We are contacting households either by phone or mail. This study is being conducted by Abt SRBI, a national research organization. The study is sponsored by the Memphis Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization, Tennessee Department of Transportation, and Mississippi Department of Transportation.
Q. How do I provide my household's travel diary data?
- If you have received a postcard or letter from us regarding household registration, you may register your household by clicking here: Household Registration. Please have your Pin number with you.
Q. Why do I need to carry a GPS device?
- There are three ways to provide your completed travel diary:
- You can enter your completed diary information on our website by clicking here: Report Travel. Households entering their completed diary data at our site will receive a check for $10 for completing the study online.
- You can mail your completed diaries to us in the postage-paid envelope we provided in your travel packet.
- You can call us at 1-888-771-2388 to request a staff member take your information down over the phone. When you call, please have your password accessible. Someone will return your call as soon as possible.
Q. Can someone help me with my GPS device?
- Some households in this travel survey will be selected at random to participate in the GPS portion of this study. For those households selected for GPS participation, we ask that all household members over the age of 12 carry with them a GPS device for a period of 7 days. The GPS devices only record travel data and are not used for anything else.
Q. Who is conducting this study?
- If you are having difficulties with your GPS device, please call us at 1-888-771-2388 or email us at MidSouthTravel@srbi.com.
Q. Why is this study being conducted?
- This study is being conducted by Abt SRBI, a national research organization. The study is sponsored by the Memphis Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization, Tennessee Department of Transportation, and Mississippi Department of Transportation.
Q. What are the incentives for participating in the survey?
- Sponsored by the Memphis Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization, Tennessee Department of Transportation, and Mississippi Department of Transportation, this transportation study is being undertaken to better undertand the daily travel characteristics of residents in the Mid-South region. Evaluating the transportation needs of residents in your area is of great importance to state and local officials to help make decisions to improve roads, reduce congestions, improve walking and bike paths, and improve public transportation sytems.
Q. How soon will I be paid for participating in the survey?
- Those who register their households online will receive $10 for their participation. Those who register by phone or by mail will receive $1 for each person in the household. In addition, those who complete the travel diary portion of the survey will receive an additional $10 if submitted online or $1 per person if submitted by phone or mail.
Q. Who can answer my questions on this project?
- In order to receive the incentives offered for participation, the survey will be checked for completeness. Only those with complete surveys will receive the incentives offered. Participants with incomplete surveys will receive follow-up calls to collect the missing information causing a delay in the payment process. Generally, surveys submitted online take less time to process than those submitted by mail. Being that surveys mailed in require more time to process, we encourage participants to submit their information online.
- Please contact our project staff at Abt SRBI should you have any questions about this study or the participation process. They can be reached via email at MidSouthTravel@srbi.com or via our toll-free number: 1-888-771-2388.
For assistance at any time, email us at MidSouthTravel@srbi.com or call us toll-free at 1-888-771-2388.